It’s essential to see the Self in this manner.
And once you do, it’s vital to love all the various aspects that make up your Self, including the parts of you that you attempt to hide away. Perhaps you fear being judged, or you feel that past mistakes are just too painful to look at… or maybe you tend to dim your own light.
Yes, it can be difficult to love the aspects of ourselves that we aren’t proud of and it might seem difficult, at times, to see our own Divinity behind all that mud. Perhaps the difficulty is based on prior programming, or self-doubt. This ‘mud’ is worth clearing, for when you can see the beauty of all of your facets with your own eyes, you will undoubtedly see it in others.
The truth is, until you love all the separate facets of you, and can embrace them for the wisdom and experience you have been gleaning your entire life, every other aspect of your life will be viewed through the judgmental lens through which you view yourself.
How to develop this type of all-encompassing Self Love?
- Objective Consideration
- Nurturing the Inner Child
- Owning Your Personal Power
- Developing Self Discipline
- Acknowledgment & Recognition of Divine Heritage – “God doesn’t make junk”
- Be the type of friend to yourself that you would like to have
No matter what your current situation, you owe it to your self and everyone who loves you and whom you love, to commit to developing a healthy relationship and unconditional love of self.
Ponder Self Love:
- In what ways do your judge yourself too harshly?
- Are your past mistakes and issues really as big of obstacles as they seemed when you field them away?
- How does it look when you shine your brilliant diamond light in to those corners?
- Can you see what you are privileged to learn from those situations?
- Are you able to embrace this idea: I did what I could with what I knew then, and now I know better, so I can do better. The end. No more guilt, shame, judgment.
- Can you acknowledge that you are a spark of Divinity?
- Can you learn to love spending time with yourself, being kind, patient, forgiving, gentle, and fun?
Challenge: Ponder your relationship with every facet that makes up your being in an effort to develop a loving relationship with your Self.
- Answer each of the questions – you may want to start a journal or a blog to reflect on your journey.
- Share your thoughts with us! (Leave a comment, make a post in the Facebook Group, or even shout out on Twitter!)
- Practice looking at all the varied facets that make up your brilliance.
Looking forward to a fabulous discussion on developing a relationship with the self.
With mucho a latte of love and respect,